Each week a new topic is chosen and book bloggers all around the world make a list of their top ten choices.
In Europe there is no Thanksgiving as Holiday, but we can still be thankful for great authors. :)
- Brandon Sanderson because his Mistborn series made me say WOW so many times. I am even thinking about reading 11 chunksters in Wheel of Time series, just because he wrote book #12.
- J. R. R. Tolkien because Lord Of The Rings is the first fantasy series I read. You know what they say - you never forget your first love... ;)
- Arthur C. Clarke author, inventor and futurist. I love that his science fiction novels are based on actual science projects or studies.
- Stephen King because I am a glutton for punishment. LOL Although I am scared most of the times, I can't stop reading his novels and always come back for more. It took me 4 years and 6 tries until I managed to read It until the end.
- Douglas Adams because he gave me the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. And I'm gonna spoil the book for you and tell you what it is: 42.
- George R. R. Martin because he is driving me crazy waiting for the next book in his fantasy epic A Song of Ice and Fire.
- J. K. Rowling because she made fantasy fans out of everybody. I don't know anyone who read/watched Harry Potter and didn't like it.
- Neil Gaiman because each of his books is original and beautiful. You never know which setting and fantasy sub-genre to expect from him.
- Anne McCaffrey because her Dragonriders of Pern gave me enough dragon themed books for at least a couple of years of reading. And I have a weak spot for dragons. :)
- Martha Wells is my new discovery this year. I am thankful that she has such vivid imagination. Her The Books of the Raksura series has the most extraordinary world I ever encountered.
What books or authors are you thankful for?