Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
For today our task is to list top ten most anticipated books for 2013. I'm gonna be self-centered and assume that those are the books I am most excited about and not some genreal public opinion. LOL
My first reaction when I read this topic was: Only 10?!? It's not possible to narrow my list so much! Even if I pick just one genre it would again be much more than ten. But after much grumbling, deleting, shuffling, removing, adding, sighing etc. here is...
My Top Ten Most Anticipated Books For 2013:
- Dracomachia (Seraphina #2) by Rachel Hartman Seraphina was such surprise. I did not expect much when I started reading Seraphina and Rachel Hartman blew me away with original representation of dragon lore. I can't wait to learn more about Dracomachia (style of fighting against dragons).
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson Brandon Sanderson is my favorite author right now, so I am excited about all of his books, no matter whether they are old or new.
- Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer It's not a secret that I have a weak spot for fairy-tales. Cinder was very original and I can't wait to read how Red Riding Hood will fit into a story.
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman This book was already my WOW pick. I love Neil Gaiman's style of writing and can't wait to read it.
- Pantomime by Laura Lam The worst part is - I have an ARCfor this book. But I am trying to save it for 2013 Debut Author Challenge.
- The Queen Is Dead (The Immortal Empire #2) by Kate Locke Another great surprise in 2012 was God Save the Queen - it was very entertaining read. I can't wait to read the sequel!
- Emilie and the Hollow World by Martha Wells I just recently started reading books by Martha Wells and I can tell you - boy that woman sure has a great imagination. This will be good - believe me.
- Homeland (Little Brother #2) by Cory Doctorow If this book makes me think and feel at least 50% of what Little Brother did, I would be satisfied.
- Doctor Sleep (The Shining #2) by Stephen King The Shining is one of the best horror novels Stephen King wrote. I can't wait to read the sequel where Danny is all grown up.
- The Mad Scientist's Guide to World Domination I don't want to dominate the world but getting the upper hand on my tbr would be great. I hope there will be some good advice here. :)
Well that's it. I probably missed a lot of my favorites. Don't be mad bookies - you know I love you all. ;)
My tastes a little bit unorthodox, so I probably surprised you with a couple of choices. Did you know/hear about all the books I listed?
What are yours most anticipated books for 2013?