Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing MeTuesday, December 04, 2012
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This is tough task for me. You probably noticed that I read all books in ebook format on my Kindle. So which books I think are enough interesting that I would need physical copy?
Boxed Sets of My Favorite Fantasy Authors:
There is more than one book in boxed set but I think that Santa is generous man and would not be picky about such tiny details.
- Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7) Maybe this would be the push I need to finally finish this series. (Yes, I didn't read last 3 books. Shame on me I know I know...)
- J.R.R. Tolkien 4-Book Boxed Set: The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings For almost 10 years I plan to buy Lord Of The Rings box set. First I was waiting for an illustrated edition, then when it was published I was between jobs (in other words broke) and now that edition is sold out so I am waiting for a re-print. But I would not complain if I got this, although there are no pretty pictures inside. :)
- Mistborn Trilogy Boxed Set This trilogy is one of my favorite series. I know that I will have to re-read it one day just because it is so awesome and original. :)
There are some books that are simply not the same in electronic formats, for example books that have a lot of illustrations or pop-up books. Here are some that I think would be interesting to read, although probably there are many more...
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Box of Books (1-5) I watched all movies based on these books are they were so funny. I didn't read any of the books but I would not mind to have them on my shelves.
- Simon's Cat I am a faithful follower of Simon's Cat from the very beginning. It's one of my favorite YouTube channels. So I don't doubt that the book will be very funny also.
- The Pop-Up Book of M.C. Escher Escher 's drawing are so mind-boggling. I love watching them and trying to figure out how the hell did he make that illusion. And I think it would be even more interesting with a pop-up book.
Well that's it. I can't remember anything more at the moment. So only 6 books (or 17 if you don't count boxed sets as one book). :)
Do you know of some illustrated edition or interesting box set that you think I should add to my list?
Are any of these books on your list? Which book you would not mind Santa bringing to you?